Seattle REconomy's tool libraries provide free, community access to a wide variety of tools and sustainable resources.
How To Join
Anyone over 18 is may join, whether you live in NE Seattle, Shoreline, or anywhere else in the region. Prospective members must submit an online membership application, agree to our liability terms, and present a government-issued photo ID to Tool Library staff. Memberships are good for 12 months and may be renewed anytime.
Sign-Up for a Membership It’s easy to sign-up.
1. Create an account at home.
2. Make a gift to us if you are able, as they are crucial to keeping this community project running. These funds pay for our employee salaries, our rent and our tools' upkeep. You can pay when signing up for an account online or in-person at the tool library.
The suggested fee levels are
- Lifetime: $750
- Monthly (Sustaining): $20
- Community Supporter: $100
- General Public: $60
- Student/Senior: $40
We accept credit card and debit card online and we also accept cash or checks in-person.
We will not deny applications because you lack funds. We do not require proof of income. If you wish to pay less than the suggested amount, please do so in-person at the tool library.
3. Come into the Library. Here we will complete your application by verifying your identity with a government-issued photo ID. A volunteer, or one of the Coordinators at the front desk can help you.
We can accept financial gifts at any time. You can use a debit or credit card here: https://seattlereconomy.org/support-us/donate/
Items shown as "in-stock" in online inventory may not be immediately available (only 80% complete.) Please call or email to confirm.
Listed Physical location of items within the Library is generally represented here. There may be tours to help lead the way.
Please see our wish list for information on gifting tools: https://seattlereconomy.org/tool-wishlist/
Please contact email@example.com